It’s fascinating, really, discovering what children will do with materials when left to their own devices. The other day, for example, as we were preparing dinner V ran through the kitchen with wings taped to her arms declaring ‘I can fly! I can fly!’ Which led me to think ‘wow.. all kids really need is their imaginations… and TAPE!?’
So here it is, the Top 3 reasons tape is awesome for kids:
- It’s accessible. Get a roll of tape and a dispenser and they’re off! (The dispenser is key for breaking off pieces of tape with reduced frustration, not to mention avoiding the challenge of having to find the end!)
- It’s not as messy as glue. ‘Nough said.
- It’s an instant adhesive – no dry time! Make sure to teach them the roll tape trick!
This then led me to think of all the other times tape was the #1 material of choice and…
Our top 10 uses for tape:
- You can tape tissue to your arms and have instant wings!
- You can FIX ANYTHING. As I was taking this photo.. V says “That thing used to be broken but I fixed it.” Ha! LOL
- You can stick things on the wall.
- You can create your own art gallery.
- You can make stuff stick together instantly when glue doesn’t work.
- You can make diamond rings!
- You can make crafts in an instant.
- YOu can tape a tail to your bottom (or your sister’s bottom) and pretend your an animal of your choice.
- You can tape signs to your door – or anywhere really to get a message out there, or for when the tooth fairy forgets!
- Your ideas here!!
Do your children love tape? Please tell me your kids do crazy things with tape too!? Please do share in the comments!