http://keepingcreativityalive.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Logo_new.png 0 0 Lina http://keepingcreativityalive.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Logo_new.png Lina2013-04-20 22:10:482013-04-20 22:10:48Video: Thoughts on the Creative Career
“If you want to be something start being it. If you want to be a writer you should be writing. Not tomorrow, but today. If you want to be an artist you should be drawing and painting.. Not tomorrow. Today. If you want to be a stand up comic, write jokes and figure out somewhere to stand up and tell them.”
So well said I don’t really have anything to add.
Just want to highlight some key points:
- If you’re not doing that thing, ask yourself why?
- Realize your rhythm.. sometimes you can take on big questions, large problems, other times work on small solvable problems.
- You should consume a lot of things that you like.
- You should get your work in front of other people.
- If you want to do something you should just do it… Make it a choice. Choose to do that. If you want to write, write!
Is there something you want to be but not doing it? A running? A yogi? An artist? What do you need to start doing today?
Lina Pugsley is a graduate of the Creativity and Change Leadership Program and a candidate for a Masters of Science in Creativity degree from SUNY Buffalo State. For the past 8 years, Lina has been researching and exploring ways to nurture creative skills and attitudes in children to promote creative confidence and resilience. She is passionate about supporting parents on ways to cultivate children's creativity starting in the early years.