“If you want to be something start being it. If you want to be a writer you should be writing. Not tomorrow, but today. If you want to be an artist you should be drawing and painting.. Not tomorrow. Today. If you want to be a stand up comic, write jokes and figure out somewhere to stand up and tell them.”
So well said I don’t really have anything to add.
Just want to highlight some key points:
- If you’re not doing that thing, ask yourself why?
- Realize your rhythm.. sometimes you can take on big questions, large problems, other times work on small solvable problems.
- You should consume a lot of things that you like.
- You should get your work in front of other people.
- If you want to do something you should just do it… Make it a choice. Choose to do that. If you want to write, write!
Is there something you want to be but not doing it? A running? A yogi? An artist? What do you need to start doing today?