What’s Your Manifesto?
Manifestos completely inspire me. Carefully thought through and beautifully designed poster manifestos that is. Like the following letterpress posters I came across on Pinterest today by Aardvark:
Another truly inspiring manifesto is by Bruce Mau Design, called “Incomplete Manifesto for Growth”. Some of my favourite points:
- Love your experiments (as you would an ugly child).
- Begin anywhere. “…not knowing where to begin is a common form of paralysis.”
- Don’t enter awards competitions. “Just don’t. It’s not good for you.” – really love this!
Then there’s Lululemon’s manifesto:
“Creativity is maximized when you are living in the moment.” I don’t know about you, but this one jumps out at me!
Wikipedia defines a manifesto as: a written public declaration of the intentions, motives, or views of the issuer, be it an individual, group, political party or government. It often is political in nature, but may present an individual’s life stance.
Probably not a bad idea for us all to write a manifesto to serve as a reminder of goals and keeping our values in check. Adding this to my list of things to do!
- Divergent Thinking with Preschoolers - November 9, 2016
- Think Big [Book Review] - October 21, 2016
- Makerspace 101 Guide - October 12, 2016
Comments are closed.